Compliance Business Partner (Advisory)
£55,000 Per Year
Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established and respected Retail Financial Services business which is currently seeking a Compliance Business Partner to join their West Midlands office in a full-time, permanent role with a hybrid work model paying up to £55,000.
The Compliance Business Partner will provide sound, accurate and commercial advice on regulatory (conduct and prudential risk) matters affecting the business, that will enable the business to operate in accordance with industry best practice as well as meeting regulatory standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and leading a small team of Compliance Business Partners.
- Developing and extending the team's knowledge and competence in technical areas to minimise the impact of staff turnover and maintain continuity of support.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on technical regulatory issues, utilising broad financial services knowledge to contribute to policy changes to in-house regulations, analysing the impact of regulatory changes, appreciating when potential issues require escalating and ensuring the implementation of any required changes to internal policies/procedures.
- Ensuring that the organisation attains the highest standards of conduct and data protection regulatory compliance, in all areas of business operation, to meet all appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements by working closely with first-line colleagues to fully embed the business's regulatory compliance “Traceability Matrix”.
- Providing subject matter expert advice on all conduct-related regulatory sourcebooks (BCOBS, MCOB, ICOB, CONC, PERG, SYSC etc.) as well as providing horizon scanning overviews of relevant Prudential Compliance matters.
- Meeting regulatory/legislative timescales by providing well-structured, well-considered summaries of proposed regulatory change to the business and collating responses to the regulator as required.
Our ideal candidate for the Compliance Business Partner (Advisory) role:
- Has 5+ years of experience working in Financial Services and 3+ years of exposure to Compliance/Risk activity.
- Has proven team leadership experience.
- Is educated to at least A Level (or equivalent) standard and holds Regulatory/Compliance qualifications eg. FPC, CeMAP, AdvCeMAP, CERGI
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with and present to, a wide range of stakeholders from customer-facing assistants to Senior Executive level staff.
- Is highly computer-literate
If you're interested in the Compliance Business Partner (Advisory) position, you're based in or can commute to the West Midlands and you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.