Head of Underwriting - Buy-to-Let Mortgages
Birmingham, West Midlands
Kind Consultancy is working with a successful, growing challenger bank which is currently seeking a Head of Underwriting for Buy-to-Let Mortgages to join them in a permanent, full-time position with a hybrid work model requiring 3 in-office days in Birmingham per week, with a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Buy-to-Let Mortgage Underwriting will oversee the assessment and approval of buy-to-let mortgage applications, with key responsibilities including:
- Guiding a team in assessing loan applications and underwriting loans to support Buy to Let customers
- Checking documentation for completeness and adherence to credit policy
- Ensure applications are fully compliant with legislation, lending policy and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as the escalation point to provide acceptances and rejections or to ask for further information and being accountable for this should questions be asked
- Providing a point of contact for queries in relation to underwriting decisions from brokers and customers.
- Providing feedback to Risk, Relationship Management and brokers on the quality and completeness of applications.
- Championing customers needs using interaction with brokers and customers where required (verbally, and in writing)
- Developing and maintaining underwriting procedures and documentation
Our ideal candidate for the Head of Underwriting - Buy to Let Mortgages opportunity:
- Has 2+ years of heading up a team of underwriting specialists handling buy to let lending applications including complex cases, differing ownership/deal structures and asset types (standard BTL, HMO, MUFB, Holiday Lets, Semi Commercial property).
- Has strong specialist Buy to Let lending knowledge and strong understanding of regulatory requirements including BCOBS, MCOB, CONC
- Is experienced in residential mortgage underwriting processes and controls
- Can communicate with legal partners and help define and streamline processes
- Is a confident user of Excel with a good understanding of intermediate calculations
If you're interested in the Head of Underwriting - Buy to Let Mortgages opportunity, you're based in or can commute to the Birmingham area and you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.