Compliance Advisory / Policy Lead
Kind Consultancy is working with a fast-growing Consumer Credit business that is currently seeking a Compliance Advisory / Policy lead to join their team in Cheshire in a permanent role with a hybrid work model paying up to £55,000.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the Compliance Advisory / Policy Lead will provide proficient advice and assist the company on a wide range of compliance matters, including regulatory and conduct risk issues, ensuring ongoing compliance with all obligations under the regulatory regime. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing the Compliance Advisory/Policy and Risk Events team on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that the business attains the highest standards of conduct and regulatory compliance, in all areas of business operation, to meet all appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements by working closely with first line colleagues to fully embed the regulatory compliance framework
- Providing subject matter expert advice and guidance as appropriate (CONC, DISP, PERG, SYSC etc.) as well as providing horizon scanning overviews of relevant Compliance matters, escalating risks and issues of concern to the Legal and Compliance Director
- Undertaking analysis and reviews to support management of the Policy Framework, including governance of policies
- Creating, reviewing and updating policies, processes, and procedures, overseeing the implementation and embedding of these where appropriate
- Meeting regulatory/legislative timescales providing well-structured, well-considered summaries of proposed regulatory change to the business and collating responses to the regulator as required
- Reviewing and providing advice on business owned policies, and procedures as appropriate, ensuring they are aligned to regulatory requirements
- Writing, reviewing and communicating Compliance owned policies and procedures, ensuring they remain up to date, and regulatory and conduct requirements are articulated clearly for the business to adhere to
- Helping to ensure timely identification and clear/concise communication to the business of regulatory and conduct developments and their implications
- Monitoring and assessing changes in the regulatory environment, issuing accurate and concise updates, providing additional commentary and insight on areas of interest for the business
- Advising on regulatory compliance matters and provide technical guidance, support and feedback on regulatory issues
Our ideal candidate for the Compliance Advisory / Policy Lead opportunity:
- Has proven Compliance advisory experience within Financial Services (CONC).
- Has past experience of providing written and verbal advice to 1st Line business areas on the implications of regulatory requirements, of drafting policies, advisory notes/memos, operating processes and procedures and of conducting gap analyses of business processes against regulatory requirements and making recommendations for change.
- Has demonstrable expertise in consumer credit requirements, preferably gained within the Motor Finance industry.
- Has detailed technical knowledge and understanding of the following (as a minimum): FCA sourcebooks – PRIN, CONC, DISP, SYSC and legislative frameworks such as the AML, Consumer Credit, Data Protection Act including GDPR.
- Has a sound understanding of the FCA’s expectations in relation to the treatment of vulnerable customers.
- Has detailed knowledge of Consumer Duty and delivery of good customer outcomes.
- Has well developed analytical skills and the ability to distil complex information into high level Briefing Notes/reports.
- Can analyse and translate regulations into workable policies, processes and procedures.
- Communicates clearly and concisely on complex regulatory compliance issues in a manner that is understandable for risk focused stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Can draft documents/reports to a high standard using Microsoft Office tools.
- Takes a risk based pro-active approach to regulatory and conduct issues.
If you're interested in the Compliance Advisory / Policy Lead opportunity, you have the knowledge, skills and experience we're looking for and you live in or can commute to Cheshire, please apply with an updated CV today.