Senior Fraud & Financial Crime Operations Analyst
Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established challenger bank which is currently seeking a Senior Fraud & Financial Crime Operations Analyst to join their offices in the Birmingham area in a permanent, full-time role working with shift patterns.
The Senior Fraud & Financial Crime Operations Analyst will be the first line of defence in protecting the bank against Financial Crime and Fraud and will act as point of contact for customers who need support through phone calls and webchat. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and actioning output from financial crime systems in relation to regulatory screening of AML/KYC, fraud screening and transaction monitoring, identifying cases of suspicious customer activity.
- Conducting reviews to maintain Service Level Agreements and appropriate record keeping.
- Working with the Head of Financial Crime Operations and the Financial Crime Operations Manager to investigate customers, conduct Enhanced Due Diligence and submit for MLRO approval where necessary.
- Flagging customers who do not meet KYC standards or risk appetite which may include recommending customer exits.
- Conducting comprehensive and robust Customer Due Diligence (CDD) & Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews on ad hoc referrals, Customer Risk Assessments, and periodic reviews
- Using analytical and judgement skills to determine whether correct decisions have been made and supporting decision-making with clear rationales and evidence.
- Ensuring that KYC and CDD checks undertaken by operational areas are in line with the Bank’s guidelines & processes and are compliant with relevant external regulations.
- Reviewing and assessing suspicious activity referrals, completing submissions to regulatory bodies such as the NCA where necessary.
- Ensuring the correct risk ratings are assigned by Analysts to customer files and identifying where information may be missing.
- Seeking to continually improve the fraud prevention and detection processes and the recording and monitoring methods within Financial Crime
- Identifying fraud training needs within Financial Crime and across the Bank and delivering appropriate training to minimise the financial crime risk.
- Maintaining up to date awareness of legislation, regulation, trends, and media information in relation to financial crime, sharing knowledge with the Financial Crime team and where necessary, the wider Bank
- Identifying and reporting any fraud risks, control/process failures and new or emerging financial crime risks
For the Senior Fraud & Financial Crime Operations Analyst opportunity, we're looking for candidates who:
- Have substantial experience with Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer, Fraud and Sanctions policies & procedures and case management systems.
- Have a good understanding of digital first and mobile app services.
- Have previously worked on cases related to Financial Crime and Fraud typologies.
- Have past experience in a KYC role and the ability to analyse transaction activity against KYC standards.
- Are highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Have an excellent understanding and demonstration of business awareness.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Can develop and maintain internal and external business relationships to exchange routine and non-routine information clearly and concisely.
- Are passionate about maintaining and updating their own technical knowledge on an ongoing basis and effectively imparting learning with team members.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how Financial Crime work relates to the wider business and public domain
- Have the ability to identify relevant required enhancements to existing processes and procedures in line with monitoring and regulatory requirements.
If you're interested in the Senior Fraud & Financial Crime Operations Analyst position, you're based in or can commute to the Birmingham area and you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.