Senior Compliance Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
£80,000 Per Year
Kind Consultancy is working with a successful Challenger Bank which is currently seeking a Senior Compliance Manager to join them in a full-time, permanent role based in their Birmingham offices with a hybrid model requiring 2 in-office days per week and paying circa £80,000.
The Senior Compliance Manager act as subject matter expert across all areas of FCA regulation, with key responsibilities including:
- Applying experience and understanding of the FCA Handbook to day-to-day decision making and the provision of advice.
- Maintaining awareness of the latest commercial and technical developments
- Ensuring that all identified areas of conduct and regulatory risk are clearly documented and mapped back to an assessment of performance against risk appetite, in line with the organisation's Enterprise Wise Risk Management Framework
- Engaging with the FCA and internal stakeholders to provide information or responses to queries, potentially including detailed data requests in relation to areas such as arrears management, operational resilience etc.
- Managing a team to analyse potentially complex regulatory publications and interpreting them into key messages of relevance to the bank's activity.
- Acting as a proactive collaborator with relevant departments to ensure regulatory requirements are met and changes are well understood and planned for.
- Supporting colleagues in the creation of responses to regulatory consultation papers as required.
- Maintaining a risk-based approach in decision making, ensuring appropriate escalation of causes of concern to senior management where required.
- Championing sound risk management practices, including identification, analysis, monitoring, reporting and controls, engaging with Risk colleagues to ensure consistent messaging across the Division.
- Effectively prioritising multiple tasks for both self and others over a variety of time periods, spanning from daily activities through to longer term project engagements.
- Implementing and maintaining effective controls to support accurate and insightful data analysis and reporting.
- Using company data and existing operational reporting to measure delivery of good customer outcomes and to identify key areas of conduct and regulatory risk.
- Reviewing and challenging existing reporting mechanisms and formats to ensure that Compliance MI is engaging, visual and clearly directs the recipient to the key areas of concern or interest.
Our ideal candidate for the Senior Compliance Manager opportunity:
- Holds one or more relevant industry qualifications such as the International Compliance Association (ICA) GRC Diploma.
- Has a minimum of five years of experience working in a compliance role and managing team performance.
- Can effectively adapt communication styles to provide feedback and guidance both verbally and in written reports.
- Can demonstrate risk-based decision making, and the ability to influence key stakeholders to drive the regulatory agenda
- Is confident in managing their own workload and deliverables, ensuring high standards of quality and advice
- Is able to interpret regulatory developments and apply them to the bank's activities.
If you're interested in the Senior Compliance Manager role and you have the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.