Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
£70,000 - £80,000 Per Year
Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established Challenger Bank which is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join them in a full-time, permanent role paying up to £80,000, with a hybrid work model 50% based in their East Midlands offices.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Business Development Manager will focus on identifying and develop business opportunities and broker and professional relationships, generating compliant profitable sales through the achievement of sales targets, whilst ensuring good customer outcomes. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Regional Director to develop and implement a sales’ strategy for their respective region and target market through the management of key client and intermediary relationships.
- Identifying and developing sales opportunities from new to Bank customers and brokers, generating sales whilst meeting all regulatory and compliance requirements, ensuring the correct customer outcomes are continually achieved.
- Promoting, identifying, qualifying and passing on leads to other sales teams, acting as an Ambassadors of the bank at all times
- Ensuring all paperwork is obtained, facts declared and all due diligence is completed in line with Bank requirements, before submitting quality applications to Credit to support new proposals.
- Working closely with both the Sales and Operations Team to effectively onboard and drawdown deals for new to Bank clients, retaining overall responsibility for all conditions for a loan until drawdown has occurred.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and respectful communication links with all relevant departments, and other bank staff to identify all sales opportunities, increased areas of risk or process improvements.
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales and annual review activity and preparing regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Encouraging enrolment of new customers in customer satisfaction surveys to identify scope for improvements in product quality and service delivery.
- Maintaining a high level of market awareness, monitoring the sales performance of competitors to ensure that the Bank maintains and develops its competitive position, identifying opportunities for new products or product enhancement as appropriate
Our ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager opportunity:
- Has a proven track record of success in business development and sales, preferably in Financial Services, Banking or a related field
- Has experience of leading a team and developing individuals to maximise their performance
- Has a good understanding of the relevant rules under the Financial Services Acts as part of an overall high level of financial and commercial awareness, including knowledge of Credit Analysis and an understanding of Conduct Risk and Consumer Duty requirements.
- Impressive record of achieving targets
- Excellent sales, interpersonal, communication, time management, planning and organisational skills
- An appropriate knowledge and experience of sales and marketing
If you're interested in the Business Development Manager opportunity, you're based in or can commute to the East Midlands and you have the skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.