Commercial Recoveries Partner
Arrears, Business Support
£60,000 - £65,000 Per Year
Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established Challenger Bank which is currently seeking a Commercial Recoveries Partner to join them in a full-time, permanent role paying up to £65,000 with a hybrid work model 50% based in their East Midlands offices.
The Commercial Recoveries Partner will report to the Head of Business Support and will assist in the administration of non-performing loan books in both Real Estate Finance and Asset Finance, monitoring and controlling loan account arrears, minimising the risk of loss. Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising and supporting borrowers in developing and implementing optimal strategies to return their loans to performing status, including the appointment of reporting accountants, debt restructuring, further borrowing and refinance of the loans with alternative products and/or lenders.
- Assessing the credibility of borrowers’ recovery plans and their ability to implement them and monitoring the performance of loans against their recovery plans and advising the borrowers on any amendments required as appropriate.
- Quickly identifying those borrowers who do not have a credible recovery strategy to move these accounts into resolution (e.g. receivership, call up of guarantees, etc).
- Assessing, analysing and making recommendations to the Head of Business Support of appropriate action on non-performing loans to aid recovery and mitigate losses.
- Liaising with any appointed Solicitor, Insolvency Practitioner and /or Receiver to recover the Bank’s debt, communicating with the borrower, where appropriate, to facilitate co-operation to achieve loan recovery objectives.
- Working closely with the Bank’s panel of receivers, valuers and property managers to maximise the amount realised from the resolution of distressed loans.
- Managing the daily loan arrears in Real Estate Finance and Asset Finance in line with the Bank’s Policies and Procedures.
- Recommending loan accounts that, due to an adverse track record, qualify for inclusion onto the Bank’s Watch Lists and Early Warning Reports, in line with the Non-Performing Loan Policy
Our ideal candidate for the Commercial Recoveries Partner opportunity:
- Has a good level of financial and commercial awareness with a proven record of success in commercial banking relationship management
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills developed from a credit-based background or similar, including annual accounts/cashflow/MI analysis
- Has well developed general knowledge of the commercial environment and sector specialisms including Real Estate lending, Asset Finance, Classic Cars and the SME market
- Has a good understanding of Conduct and TCF requirements relevant to Real Estate and Asset Finance lending and of the identification and treatment of Vulnerable Customers
If you're interested in the Commercial Recoveries Partner opportunity and you have the skills, knowledge and experience we're looking for and are based in or can commute to the East Midlands, please apply with an updated CV today.