Head of Credit - Asset Finance Flow
Asset Finance, Credit
Kind Consultancy is working with a successful challenger bank which is currently seeking a Head of Credit to join their new Asset Finance Flow division, in a full time permanent role with a hybrid work model based in their East Midlands offices and a competitive salary
The Head of Credit - Asset Finance Flow will build, develop and execute the implementation of the new business line, driving processes and procedures, contributing to systems selection, strategic input to Credit Committee and developing key stakeholder relationships, with key responsibilities including:
- Implementing the Business Plan for the Asset Finance Flow business as part of the bank’s overall objectives.
- Leading the Asset Finance Flow Team, providing effective coaching to develop team members, ensuring the individual and collective performance meets the required standards.
- Processing high volumes of new business proposals and promoting a high level of service to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Undertaking analysis and determining the acceptability of proposals for sanction and if applicable providing recommendations or alternative solutions where appropriate that satisfy customer needs and meets business objectives.
- Ensuring the main influencing factors and sanctioning analysis are accurately recorded when reaching a decision or recommendation.
- Facilitating business development through a proactive approach to credit proposals, ensure opportunities are maximised
- Ensuring compliance with the bank’s policies, procedures, and guidelines together with all appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements, implementing actions to always protect the bank’s business.
- As a member of the bank’s Credit Committee, preparing appropriate MI on the flow portfolio, driving and recommending enhancements to the flow business for consideration.
- Communicating relevant information to team members, senior management and other interested parties ensuring essential features of the situation are understood, enabling informed decisions to be taken where appropriate.
- Proactively reviewing credit processes, systems, business protocols and guidelines and recommending changes that will deliver operational efficiencies
For the Head of Credit - Asset Finance Flow opportunity we're looking for candidates who:
- Have significant experience as a Head of Credit or Senior Manager for a flow asset finance business
- Have experience in leading a team and developing individuals.
- Are able to analyse a set of accounts, including serviceability, credit reporting agency data and asset valuations.
- Possess a high level of financial and commercial awareness, and knowledge of the relevant rules under the financial services acts
- Holding ACIB or equivalent Banking qualification would be highly desirable
- Have a wide knowledge of the commercial environment and sector specialism.
- Have knowledge of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
- Have experience of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly requirements relevant to credit operations.
If you're interested in the Head of Credit - Asset Finance Flow opportunity, you have the skills, knowledge and experience we're looking for and you are based in or can commute to the East Midlands, please apply with an updated CV today.