Senior Underwriter - 12 Month FTC
Fixed Term Contract
£45,000 Per 12 month FTC
Kind Consultancy is working with a successful and respected Retail Financial Services business which is currently growing its Underwriting team. As part of this expansion, they are seeking a Senior Underwriter to join their East Midlands offices in a 12-month Fixed Term Contract paying up to £45,000, with the possibility of remote or hybrid work models.
As a Senior Underwriter your role will be to ensure the business’s underwriting standards and practices are upheld within the Lending Team, ensuring the 6 Pillars approach is embedded consistently in addition to the Responsible Lending Policy. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the training of Lending Support Officers on the Underwriting T&C Framework.
- Dealing with enquiries on all aspects of mortgage applications from customer and intermediaries.
- Monitoring suitability of applications and compliance with current Lending Policy.
- Conducting Affordability Assessments to ensure they comply with current Lending Policy or make any recommendations outside of this.
- Approving of advances up to level of mandate.
- Preparing applications outside mandate for higher mandated approval, including MIG referrals and Authorisation numbers.
- Identifying opportunities to make the mortgage process more efficient without compromising standards
For the Fixed Term Contract Senior Underwriter opportunity, we're looking for candidates who:
- Hold a full CeMAP Qualification
- Have substantial Underwriting experience
- Are confident in manually underwriting deals
- Have previously held a mandate of at least £500,000
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems quickly.
- Are highly organised with strong prioritisation skills
- Have good IT skills including a basic understanding of the MS Office package, especially MS Outlook & Excel.
- Hold at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English.
- Are willing to undergo a credit reference search and DBS check
If you're interested in the Senior Underwriter fixed term contract and you have the qualifications, skills and experience we're looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.