Kind Consultancy is working with a well-established and successful Retail Financial Services business in the West Midlands which is currently seeking a Senior Financial Crime Manager & Deputy MLRO to join them in a full-time permanent role paying circa £65,000, with a hybrid work model requiring 2 days in-office per-week.
The Senior Financial Crime Manager & Deputy MLRO will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and will manage 5 direct reports in the Financial Crime team, with key responsibilities including:
- Identifying risks within the business and its subsidiary companies relating to Financial Crime, developing effective and proportionate systems and controls.
- Analysing all regulatory output in Financial Crime matters, carrying out Gap Analysis and preparing recommendations and action plans as appropriate where gaps are identified
- Identifying and reporting on areas of weakness in current procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
- Producing monthly and quarterly reports for the Executive Risk and Board Risk Committees
- Deputising for the Chief Compliance Officer & MLRO when required
- Leading a team of Financial Crime Analysts.
- Maintaining an excellent working knowledge of the Financial Crime guidelines and any other relevant legislation (e.g. JMLSG)
- Acting as a key point of contact for Financial Crime related issues and delivering advice and guidance to staff where required.
- Authoring and maintaining the Financial Crime Risk Management Framework and associated policies as well as conducting the annual Fraud & AML Risk Assessment for the business
- Acting as a SME for all change programmes within the organisation
- Managing and co-ordinating Financial Crime investigations, and representing the business in Court
- Representing the business on trade body panels, including UK Finance
- Delivering training on Financial Crime to both new starters and all staff on a regular basis
- Developing and extending the Financial Crime team’s knowledge and competence in technical areas
Our ideal candidate for the Senior Financial Crime Manager & Deputy MLRO position:
- Must have current experience of Financial Crime / AML related work, with a minimum of 5 years of experience within a financial institution.
- Is capable of working towards being approved by the FCA as the MLRO (SMF17) within a reasonably short timeframe.
- Must have strong communication skills – essential for this role as the role holder will need to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and speech for an area that is technical and complex, and must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including Senior Management and Board Members.
- Holds a relevant Financial Crime/AML qualification (Certificate level minimum).
- Having previous experience of database mining techniques, and Fraud Detection systems such as SIRA, CiFAS or National Hunter would be desirable, as would Mortgage Fraud and On-line transactional fraud experience
- Has a proven ability to coach and develop a team with a minimum 3 years of team leadership experience.
If you’re interested in the Senior Financial Crime Manager and Deputy MLRO position and you have the skills, knowledge and qualifications we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.