Kind Consultancy is working with a successful, established trading and investment brokerage which uses a modern, technology-led approach to give UK investors access to international exchanges. This firm has retained Kind Consultancy to recruit a new Head of Compliance & MLRO to join their London offices in a permanent role paying £120,000.
The Head of Compliance & MLRO will have responsibility for oversight of the firm’s compliance and reporting to the directors, with key responsibilities including:
- Ensuring the business fulfils it’s obligations relating to SMCR (including implementation and oversight) and Conduct rules
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures that ensure compliance of the organisation under all relevant regulations
- Researching and understanding any changes in regulation, assessing how they apply to the business and advising the directors of any likely implications of changes to internal policies.
- Advising and assisting the directors on regulatory matters including on the implications of future business strategies.
- Carry out regulatory reporting and notifications and, as required, due diligence reviews
- Maintaining the firm’s Compliance Manual, FCA Register standing information and Directory persons listing.
- Designing, maintaining and carrying out the Compliance Monitoring Program: Monitoring and, on a regular basis, assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place, and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in compliance
- Taking the lead in the ICARA process: Working with directors to ensure that the review is carried out at the beginning of each business year and on any material change to business plans, and that the ICARA adequately reflects the risks facing customers, the market, and the business itself in a manner appropriate to the scale, nature and complexity of the firm’s products and services.
- Recruiting, training and managing Compliance Team members as appointed
- Approving marketing and all other public/customer facing communications.
- Acting as the business’s representative in all interactions with the FCA
- Overseeing operational compliance with CASS; and reporting to the organisation’s governing body in respect of that oversight.
- Responsibility for the establishment and maintenance of effective CASS systems and controls.
- Responsibility for the Firm’s policies and procedures for countering the risk that the Firm might be used to further financial crime.
- Acting as the MLRO, undertaking Controlled Function SMF16, establishing and maintaining effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
- Developing and maintaining anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing policy in line with evolving statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Creating and maintaining the money laundering risk-based approach and the risk assessment of the Firm’s customers, products, and services.
For the Head of Compliance & MLRO opportunity, we’re looking for candidates who:
- Currently hold or have recently held Head of Compliance and MLRO titles
- Have substantial knowledge of trading and investments, ideally gained through previous Prime Brokerage experience
- Have an in-depth understanding of all relevant UK Financial Services regulations including FCA Handbooks
- Have well-developed people management and team leadership skills
- Are excellent communicators, able to translate complex regulatory issues for a variety of audiences
- Have a successful track record of leading Compliance functions within Financial Services
- Holding one or more relevant professional qualifications would be desirable
Note this position will require FCA Approval and enhanced screening for all candidates.
If you’re interested in the Head of Compliance & MLRO role and have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience, please apply with an updated CV today.