A specialist recruitment and executive search firm specialising in interim and permanent Governance, Risk, Compliance, Complaints, Financial Crime and Change & Transformation roles across Financial Services
What is a Credit Risk Manager?
Credit Risk refers to the probability of loss due to a borrower’s failure to make payments on any type of debt. Credit Risk Management is the practice of mitigating losses by understanding the adequacy of a bank’s capital and loan loss reserves at any given time – a process that has long been a challenge for financial institutions. It is the duty of a Credit Risk Manager to mitigate losses with regards to financial risk for an organisation.
What does a Credit Risk Manager do?
- Reviews strategic credit positions;
- Assesses Changes in Largest Exposures;
- Reviews Credit Limits;
- Assesses if provisions are up to date;
- Reviews if concentrations are within stipulated limits;
- Assesses if all credit exposures are covered and mapped;
- Reports all significant risks;
- Ensures credit risk reports reach all relevant parties;
- Discusses significant credit risks if any with top management;
- Conducts stress and scenario testing and analysis of portfolio at global levels;
- Reviews past or anticipated changes in provisions;
- Reviews if any changes need to be made in specific provisions;
- Ensures all transactions have full and proper documentation;
- Ensures credit protection is fully understood and utilised;
- Explores if there are any further possibilities of exploiting credit protection.
Are you looking to appoint a Credit Risk Manager?
Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.
Why should you use us for your search?
- Our extensive network of GRC experts enables us to present your opportunity to the best talent on the market;
- Proactive head-hunting delivers the right candidate for your opportunity swiftly whilst improving the accuracy of the search;
- You’ll receive a shortlist of qualified candidates that fit your requirements. This means you won’t have to sift through handfuls of prospective candidate CVs;
- We have a database of pre-qualified, permanent and interim, GRC professionals who are ready and waiting to hear about your role.
If you or your organisation are looking to appoint a Credit Risk Manager, complete the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within the next working day to discuss how we can help you find the best talent for your role.
Get in touch.
Looking to send us your details or searching for a new member of your team?
Are you or your organisation looking for a Credit Risk Manager? Whether it’s permanent or an interim appointment, we can help you find the perfect candidate for the position. To find out more, complete the contact form below and we’ll be in touch within the next working day to discuss your opportunity further.