Kind Consultancy is working with a multidisciplinary UK bank which is currently seeking an Asset Finance Flow Credit Underwriter to join them in a full-time, permanent role, paying up to £50,000 and with a hybrid work model which will be 50% in-office in the East Midlands.
The Asset Finance Flow Credit Underwriter will report to the Head of Credit for Asset Finance Flow with key responsibilities including:
- Assessing the credit and risk profiles of customers within the asset finance flow lending market, determining the acceptability of proposals, and providing recommendations or alternative solutions where appropriate, that satisfy customer needs and business objectives.
- Conducting independent assessments of each case and preparing the relevant documents for an informed decision to be made by the appropriate member.
- Recommending delinquent accounts that due to an identified adverse track record qualify for inclusion on the bank’s Watch List.
- Ensuring the main influencing factors and sanctioning analysis is accurately recorded when reaching proposal recommendations/decisions.
- Facilitating business development efforts through a proactive approach to credit proposals to ensure maximisation of opportunities.
- Ensuring compliance with the bank’s policies, procedures, and asset finance flow lending guidelines together with all appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements, implementing actions to protect the Bank’s business at all times.
- Communicating relevant information to team members, senior management and other interested parties ensuring essential features of the situation are understood, enabling informed decisions to be taken where appropriate.
- Proactively reviewing the credit processes and recommend changes that will deliver operational efficiencies and foster a culture of continuous credit risk improvement.
Our ideal candidate for the Asset Finance Flow Credit Underwriter opportunity:
- Has previous experience in underwriting and working knowledge of lending principles and credit analysis for small ticket transactions.
- Has a proven appreciation and working knowledge of lending principles, credit analysis and underwriting methodologies for small ticket transactions.
- Has knowledge of the asset finance commercial environment and sector specialism including asset finance flow lending and the SME market
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has a good understanding of the relevant rules under the financial services acts and of financial management and the wider management principles and techniques
- Is able to interpret and implement relevant guidance, ensuring compliance and that customers are treated fairly.
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and organisational skills.
- Possesses a good understanding of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly requirements relevant to credit operations.
If you’re interested in the Asset Finance Flow Credit Underwriter role and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please apply with an updated CV today.